- 3 free range egg yolks
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 Tbsp white cooking wine or organic chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp "Braggs" apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp minced fresh shallot
- 2-1/2 tsp minced fresh tarragon, divided
- 1/8 tsp fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- Second half of fresh tarragon
In a small saucepan, whisk the egg yolks and water. Cook and stir over low heat until mixture bubbles around edges and reaches 160°, about 5-10 minutes.
- At the sametime in a small saucepan, combine the wine or broth, vinegar, shallot, 1/2 of the tarragon and all pepper. Bring to a slight boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until reduced to 2 tablespoons. Strain and set liquid aside.
Then, cut cold butter into several pieces; add to original egg yolk mixture, one piece at a time, stirring after each additional piece until melted.
Stir reserved liquid and remaining tarragon into prepared sauce.
Serve immediately. Makes 1 cup.