Chocolate & Orange Spiced Granola
Makes 10 Servings| Prep Time: 5 Min | Total Time: 1 Hour
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 cup shredded desiccated coconut
- 1 cup flaked desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup whey protein or egg white protein powder, chocolate or unflavored
- 1/2 cup erythritol or Swerve
- 1/4 cup cacao powder, unsweetened
- 2 Tbsp fresh, organic orange zest (or 1 Tbsp dried)
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp pink Himalayan salt
- 1 large egg white
- 1/4 cup butter, ghee, or coconut oil, melted
- 15 to 20 drops liquid Stevia (as little as possible)
- 2 Tbsp water
- Preheat the oven to 300 ‘ F
- Roughly chop the almonds and pecans.
- Place all the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl and combine well.
- Add the egg white, melted butter, ghee, or oil, liquid Stevia, and water. Mix well until the mixture resembles crumbly dough.
- Transfer the mixture to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, turning halfway through the cooking process. Remove from the oven and let the granola cool.
- When it’s reached room temperature, transfer the granola to a glass container .
Serve with coconut milk, cream, full-fat yogurt, or sour cream.
- Total carbs: 15.7 g
- Fiber: 10.6 g
- Net Carbs: 5.1 g
- Protein: 13.2 g
- Fat: 28.9 g
A recipe from the “KetoDiet Cookbook” authored by Martina Slajerova