Fudgy Protein Bars
Makes 8 Servings| Prep Time: 10 Min | Total Time: 10 Min - Chilling
- 17.5 ounces Chocolate Hazelnut Butter
- 1 cup whey protein or egg white protein powder
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- Optional: 10-15 drops liquid Stevia (less is better whenever using sweeteners)
- 2 Tbsp chopped cacao nibs or dark chocolate (that is 85% cacao or more)
- Place the chocolate hazelnut butter in a bowl.
- Add the whey protein, almond flour, and liquid Stevia (if using). Mix until well combined.
- Line an 8 x 8 inch pan with parchment paper or use a silicone pan. Scoop the mixture into the dish and spread it evenly using a spatula.
- Sprinkle with Cacao nibs or chopped dark chocolate.
- Place in the fridge for up to 2 hours or until set. Use a pizza cutter to slice into 8 bars. Keep refrigerated so the bars won’t melt.
- Store in the fridge for up to 10 days.
Tip: Coconut oil and nut butters soften at room temperature, so make sure you keep your keto meals refrigerated. If you take the bars to work, make sure you place them in a secure container and get them back in the fridge as soon as possible!
- Total carbs: 14.4 g
- Fiber: 7 g
- Net Carbs: 7.4 g
- Protein: 19.3 g
- Fat: 41.4 g
Recipe from the “KetoDiet Cookbook” authored by Martina Slajerova