Keto "Rye" Bread
This recipe makes about 12-14 slices per loaf. Each slice has about 4 net carbs.
- 1 cup Almond Flour - NOT Almond Meal
- 1/2 cup Arrowroot Powder
- 3/4 cup Flaxseed (Fresh Ground)
- 1/4 cup Psyllium Husk Powder
- 1 + 1/2 tsp Coarse Sea Salt
- 4 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Tbsp Caraway Seeds
- 4 Whole Eggs
- 4 Egg Whites
- 4 Tbsp Walnut Oil or Avocado Oil
- 2 tsp Coconut Vinegar or Bragg’s Apple Cider Vinegar
- Coconut Oil
1) If you want more wheat tasting bread, use regular flaxseeds. If you want something a little lighter, try golden flaxseeds
2) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
3) Spray or rub your bread loaf pan with coconut oil.
4) In a bowl, combine the almond flour, arrowroot powder, ground flaxseeds, psyllium husk powder, baking powder, caraway seeds and sea salt. Stir to incorporate.
5) In a blender or separate bowl, combine 4 whole eggs, 4 egg whites (so yes, you need 8 eggs total), oil, and vinegar. Blend or whisk until thoroughly incorporated.
6) Pour the egg mixture (wet ingredients) into the almond flour mix (dry ingredients), mix until there are no longer any dry lumps. Pour into the oiled bread loaf pan (smaller if you want square sandwich loaves, bigger if you want longer, thinner loaves).
7) Bake uncovered for 35-40 minutes for the full loaf.
It is normal for the bread loaf to deflate below top of loaf pan as it cools.