Mexican Cauliflower “Rice”
- 1 Head Small/Medium Cauliflower, I used orange cauliflower, but white works just as well!
- 1 Tablespoon Extra-Light Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Ghee*
- 1 Small Onion, finely chopped
- 2 Cloves Garlic, finely minced
- 2 Tablespoons Tomato Paste (make sure there’s no added sugar)
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- ½ Cup Chicken Broth, or vegetable broth
- Fresh Cilantro Leaves, for garnish
*You can use all olive oil if you can't find ghee or want this to be vegan.
- Grate the cauliflower using a box grater or the grating attachment on a food processor. Set aside.
- Heat the oil and ghee in a large skillet over high heat and add in the onion and garlic; sauté for 2 minutes or until softened and fragrant. Stir in the tomato paste and season the mixture with salt and pepper.
- Add in the cauliflower and the chicken broth and mix well. Cover and cook for 3 minutes.
- Remove the cauliflower rice from the heat and garnish with cilantro. Serve alongside any of your favorite Mexican dishes!
A recipe from: