No-Churn Vanilla Keto Ice-Cream
Makes 6 Servings | Prep Time: 10 min | Total Time: 3-4 hours
- 4 large eggs, separated
- ¼ tsp cream of tartar or apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup powdered Erythritol or Swerve or other healthy low-carb sweetener from this list (40 g/ 1.4 oz)
- 1 ¼ cups heavy whipping cream or coconut cream for dairy-free (300 ml / 10 fl oz)
- 1 tbsp sugar-free vanilla extract (you can make your own) or 1 tsp vanilla bean powder or 1 vanilla bean
- Separate the egg whites from the egg yolks. Start whisking the egg whites and add the cream of tartar. As the egg whites thicken, slowly add the powdered Erythritol.
- Whisk until they create stiff peaks. In another bowl, whisk the cream...
- ...until soft peaks form when the whisk is removed. Be careful not to over whisk the cream. In a third bowl, mix the egg yolks...
- ...with the vanilla extract or vanilla powder (or seeds from vanilla bean). I used a combination of vanilla extract and vanilla bean powder.
- Slowly fold the whisked egg whites into the whipped cream. Then add the egg yolk mixture and gently fold in using a spatula until well combined.
- Place the mixture in a loaf pan or a freezer-friendly container and freeze for at least 2 hours (I froze mine for 4 hours).
Total carbs: 2.3 g
Fiber: 0 g
Protein: 5.1 g
Fat: 22.2 g
A recipe from: