Quick Orange Fat Bombs
If you liked those orange-and-cream ice pops as a kid, you’ll love these refreshing, high-fat treats. Keep a batch on hand, so you can grab one for a quick snack attack!
- 7.1 ounces (200 g) coconut butter
- 1/4 cup (55g / 1.9oz) coconut oil
- 1 Tbsp (6 g / 0.2 oz) freshly grated orange zest or 1 Tsp sugar-free orange extract
- 2 Tbsp (20 g / 0.7 oz) powdered erythritol or Swerve
- Few drops liquid stevia, to taste (optional)
- 2 heaping Tbsp (28g / 1 oz) cacao nibs or ark chocolate chips
- Melt the coconut butter and coconut oil in a double boiler, or heat-proof bowl placed over a small saucepan filled with 1 cup (235 ml / 8oz) of water, over medium heat.
- Add the orange zest or extract and erythritol or Swerve. If you want a sweeter taste, add the stevia. Mix well to combine.
- Fill a silicone candy mold or mini muffin cups with about 1-Tblsp (15g /10.5oz) portions of the coconut-orange mixture.
- Top with the cacao nibs or chocolate chips and place them on a tray. Refrigerate for 30 minutes to 1 hour, or until solid.
- Keep refrigerated for up to 1 week or freeze for up to 3 months. Note that coconut oil and coconut butter soften at room temperature.
Nutrition facts per serving (1 Fat Bomb)
- Total Carbs: 3.2 g
- Fiber: 2g
- Net Carbs: 1.2 g
- Protein: 1 g
- Fat: 12.8 g
- Calories from Carbs (4%) Protein (3%) Fat (93%)
This recipe came from the book: