- 2 cups packed fresh basil leaves
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup organic Italian (no Chinese) pine nuts
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Himalayan salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Save till the end...
- Additional 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan chees
Combine the basil, garlic, and pine nuts in a food processor and pulse until coarsely chopped. Add 1/3 cup olive oil and process until fully incorporated and smooth. Season with the salt and pepper.
Add all the remaining oil and pulse until smooth. Transfer the pesto to a large serving bowl and mix in the cheese.