Makes 2 Sandwiches| Prep Time: 10 Min | Total Time: 15 Min
- 1 small pickle
- 1/2 tsp grated horseradish
- 3 Tbsp Mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp sour cream or more mayonnaise
- 1 tsp Sriracha or other hot sauce
- 1 medium spring onion or chives
- 1 Tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- Salt to taste
- 2 Tbsp butter or ghee
- 4 slices Keto Bread
- 2 slices Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup sauerkraut
- 4 slices pastrami or corned beef
- Prepare the Russian dressing. Grate the pickle and peel and grate the horseradish. Put them in a bowl, with the remaining ingredients for the dressing, mix and set aside.
- Spread 1/2 Tbsp of butter or ghee on each bread slice. Turn the slices over and spread half of the Russian dressing on the other side.
- Over two slices, spread half of the cheese, half of the sauerkraut, and all of the pastrami. Spread the remaining Russian dressing over the pastrami and top with the remaining sauerkraut and cheese. Place the remaining slice of bread on top, with the buttered side up.
- Heat a regular or a griddle pan over a medium-high heat. Place te sandwich in the pan and press down on it with a spatula. (Allternatively you can use a sandwich press.)
- Cook for about 5 minutes on each side until the bread is crispy and browned and the cheese starts to melt.
- When done, serve immediately.
- Total carbs: 21.8 g
- Fiber: 14.6 g
- Net Carbs: 7.2 g
- Protein: 34.9 g
- Fat: 64.5 g
A recipe from the “KetoDiet Cookbook” authored by Martina Slajerova