Roasted Eggplant Dip
This delicious dip is a much healthier choice than traditional bean hummus, and it tastes just as delicious!
2 Medium Eggplants
2 to 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
1/3 cup OrganicTahini
3 Cloves Garlic, peeled and crushed or 1&1/2 tsp Minced Garlic
2 Tbsp Organic Lemon Juice
Sea Salt & Freshly Ground Pepper (if desired)
Green or Black Olives, Roasted Red Peppers, or Sun-Dried Tomatoes
- Preheat the oven to 450 F
- Poke eggplant with a knife and rub the outside with olive oil, saving 1 Tbsp for mixing later
- Place eggplant in a roasting pan
- Roast until the skin has charred and the interior is tender, about 30 minutes.
- Turn eggplant over and cook another 15 minutes
- Peel and seed the cooled eggplant, no need to get all the seeds!
- Roughly chop the flesh, and transfer it to the bowl of a food processor
- Add to the processor bowl... the olive oil, tahini, garlic, lemon juice, some salt and pepper (to taste), and a few teaspoons of cold water.
- Process the mixture to a coarse paste, adding a bit more water, as needed, to allow the mixture to blend
- Adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper to taste.
- Chill and Serve