Roasted Green Beans with Parmesan and Basil
- 3/4 to 1 pound of fresh green beans (stem end snipped off), trimmed
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly cracked pepper (more or less to taste)
- 2 tablespoon grated parmesan
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Dry green beans well and spread on a rimmed baking sheet. Toss with olive oil (use your hands), so that all the beans are coated. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, basil. Toss again to coat.
- Roast for 10 minutes, toss, and continue to roast for 5 more minutes. Immediately sprinkle with parmesan and serve.
Note: These would be amazing with fresh basil instead of dried (but they’re amazing as is, too!). If you have it, leave off the basil before roasting. Wait until after they are cooked and then toss with the finely minced basil leaves.
- Carbs: 2 g
- Protein: 2 g
- Fat: 4 g
A recipe from: