Salmon Greek Salad With Lemon Basil Dressing
Makes 4 Servings | Prep Time: 20 min | Cook Time: 10 min | Total Time: 30 min
- 16 ounces salmon fillets (four 4-ounce pieces)
- olive oil as needed
- kosher salt as needed
- black pepper freshly cracked, as needed
- 8 cups lettuce (romaine, spinach or kale)
- 1 cup tomatoes chopped
- 1 cup cucumber diced, ¼-inch thick
- 1/2 cup red onion thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper diced, ¼-inch thick
- 4 ounces feta cheese crumbled
- 1/2 cup walnuts roughly chopped
Lemon Basil Vinaigrette:
- 1/4 cup lemon juice plus zest of one lemon
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 8 basil leaves fresh
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano or 1 teaspoon fresh
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
Lightly season both sides of the salmon fillet with salt and pepper. Drizzle a small amount of olive oil on both sides to coat. Heat grill to medium high. Add a small amount of vegetable oil on a folded piece of paper towel, and then carefully grease the grill with the oil. Once the grill is nice and hot, add the seasoned salmon fillets. Cook salmon uncovered about 4 to 5 minutes on each side until flaky (about 130-140°F). Remove the salmon from the grill and transfer to a clean plate, cover to keep warm. Remove skin if still attached.
In a large bowl add salad ingredients; lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, red onion, bell pepper, cheese and walnuts. Set aside.
Lemon Basil Vinaigrette
- Add lemon juice, zest, olive oil, mustard, honey, garlic, basil, oregano, salt, and pepper. Blend until well combined and a slightly thick and opaque dressing is achieved, about 30 seconds. Add more salt and pepper as desired.
- Toss salad with enough dressing to coat the ingredients, you will have extra dressing. Evenly divide mixture among four bowls and top with 1 salmon fillet. Drizzle each salmon with more dressing.
- Total carbs: 13 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 32 g
- Fat: 35 g
A recipe from: