Makes 2 Servings | Prep Time 10 mins| Total Time 30 mins
- 2 Tbsp (30 g / 1.1 oz) ghee, lard or coconut oil
- 1/2 small (30 g/2.1 oz) red onion, peeled and sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 medium (120 g/4.2 oz) red pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 small hot chile pepper
- 2 large pastured eggs
- 1 cup )240 g/8.5 oz) diced canned tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp (8 g/0.3 oz)chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Optional: 1/2 cup (56 g/2 oz) cheddar cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 400 ‘ F
- Grease large pan with ghee, lard, or coconut oil
- Add the onion and Garlic
- Cook until translucent and then add the red pepper and chili pepper
- Mix frequently and cook for about 10 minutes
- Stir in the tomatoes and parsley, saving some parsley for garnish
- Cook for about 1 minute
- Season with salt and black pepper and remove from the heat.
- Spoon the mixture into 2 ovenproof dishes
- Make a hollow in the middle of the mixture in each dish and crack an egg into each
- Top the eggs with grated cheddar cheese, if you like.
- Bake in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes
- The eggs are done when the whites are cooked and the yolks are still runny. Remove from the oven, and sprinkle with some more chopped parsley.
Serve immediately and enjoy!
- Total Carbs: 10.9 g
- Fiber: 2.9 g
- Net carbs: 8.1 g
- Protein: 8.3 g
- Fat: 20.2 g
A recipe from the “KetoDiet Cookbook” authored by Martina Slajerova