Dr. K's Taco Omelet
A delicious, spiced, twist on the standard omelette!
This is a satisfying, filling, anytime brunch idea!
- 1/2 Lb. Grass-Fed Ground Beef
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1/2 packet of Taco Spice or 2 Tbs of Homemade Taco Seasoning (See below)
- 3 Tbs Coconut Oil
- 1/2 Medium Onion, chopped
- 1 Tbs Garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp Pink Himalayan Salt
- 3 oz Grass-Fed Cheese, sliced or grated
- 6 Whole Organic (Pastured) Eggs, slightly mixed
- 2 cups Organic Spinach (whole leaf)
- 1/2 cup Organic Heavy Cream
- 1/4 cup Chili Powder
- 1/4 cup Cumin Powder
- 1 Tbs Garlic Powder
- 1 Tbs Oregano Leaf, Crushed, or Powder
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 2 tsp Pink Himalayan or Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
Mix ingredients well and keep in tightly sealed jar. Can store for 6 months.
1 packet of purchased taco spice = 3 Tbs of our Seasoning
Brown ground beef, add water, and taco seasoning. Simmer.
Sauté coconut oil, chopped onion, crushed garlic, and himalayan salt.
Mix together, in an oven safe pan, beef mixture and sautéed veggies.
Add eggs, cheese, spinach,and cream. Stir well.
Pour mixture in an oven safe pan and bake at 400* for 30-40 minutes or until top is set and lightly browned.
Remove from oven and let set for a few minutes. Cut into pie shaped slices and top with Sour Cream, Guacamole, and Salsa.
Eat and Enjoy!
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
- Fat: 55 grams
- Protein: 28 grams
- Carbs: 10 grams
- 1/4 cup - Guacamole (see below)
- 2 Tbsp - Full Fat Sour Cream
- 1/4 cup - Organic Salsa
(Serving Size - 1/4 cup)
- 2 Haas Avocados, mashed
- 1/2 tsp Pink Himalayan Sea Salt
- 1 tsp Fresh Organic lemon or lime juice
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Hot Sauce
- 2 large Romaine Lettuce Leafs, Chopped or Sliced Thin