Thai-Style Chicken Stir-Fry
Makes 4 Servings| Prep Time: 15 Min | Total Time: 20 minutes - Marinating
- 1 pound chicken thighs with skin and bones removed
- 2 Tbsp fish sauce
- 1 Tbsp coconut aminos
- 2 sweet bell peppers, red, orange, or yellow
- 2 medium spring onions
- 1 Tbsp freshly grated ginger
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 small hot chile pepper
- 1/4 cup ghee or coconut oil
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 14 cup Toasted Nut Butter
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 Tbsp fresh cilantro
- Slice the chicken thighs into medium pieces and add the fish sauce and coconut aminos. Marinate in the fridge for at least an hour, or overnight.
- Meanwhile, prepare the vegetables: Wash and slice the bell peppers and spring onions. Peel and grate the ginger and crush the garlic. Wash, deseed, and dice the chili pepper.
- Place half of the ghee in a large pan and heat over medium-high heat. Add the chicken to the hot pan and keep stirring until the chicken is cooked and all the sides are browned. Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside in a bowl.
- Grease the pan with the remaining ghee; add the ginger, garlic, and chili pepper. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes over medium-high heat, stirring frequently. Add the sliced bell pepper and spring onion and then season with salt and black pepper. Cook for another 5 minutes, and add the bean sprouts.
- Cook for one more minute. Finally, add the chicken, Toasted Nut Butter, and lime juice and combine well. Cook until the chicken is heated through. Garnish with fresh cilantro and season with more salt, if needed.
Nutrition Facts per serving:
- Total carbs: 11.3 g
- Fiber: 4.2 g
- Net Carbs: 7.1 g
- Protein: 25.9 g
- Fat: 28.9 g
Macronutrient ratio: Calories from carbs (7%), protein (27%), fat (66%)
Recipe from the “KetoDiet Cookbook” authored by Martina Slajerova